Faculty of Anesthesiology & critical care Medicine
1. Dr. Kolli S.Chalam, MD, PDCC. (Head of the Department)
Dr. Chalam has over 26 years of experience in Critical care Medicine, Cardiac Anesthesia & Neuro Anesthesia and anesthesia for kidney transplant surgeries in India and abroad. He holds MD and also post-doctoral qualification in cardiac and Neuro anesthesia NIMS, Hyderabad. He served as a principal anesthesiologist for third pair of conjoint twins’ separation surgeries abroad in 2004. He accomplished Clinical observer-ship at University of Chicago Medicine.
He has scientific publications over 25 both in Indian and foreign journals. Dr.Chalam is the peer – reviewer of Indian Journal of Anesthesia since 2010 and he is on the panel of examiners, panel for interview boards, Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad. He serves as an external appraiser for National board of examinations, Delhi. He is an examiner for fellowship examination in cardiac anesthesia offered under the aegis of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. He organised many regional and international conferences as an organising chairman. He is a member of International Anesthesia Research Society under vide no. IARS 17949440 Ohio,USA; Neuro critical care society, Minneapolis, USA, and also life member of Indian Society of Anesthesiologists(C0555),Indian society of Critical care Medicine(11/C-232),Indian association of cardiac- thoracic anesthesiologists (CLC-733-IACTA),Life member of Research society of Anesthesiology & clinical pharmacology: C-122-L; ISNACC (Indian Society of Neuro anesthesia and critical care): LMC – 16. He is also member of Board of Studies , RGHUS
2 Dr. Pankaj Punetha, DNB (Anaesthesia), completed his DNB training from SSSIHMS, Prashanthi Gram in 2002. He has more than 10 years of experience and has worked in Cardiac, Renal (transplant) and Neuroanaesthesia. His special interest is in Neuroanaesthesia and Pain medicine. He is a member of the Indian Society of Anaesthesiology ISA) and Indian society of Neuroanaesthesia and Critical care (ISNACC).4 Dr.(Mrs) Anitha Diwakar, MD, DNB fellowship in Cardiac Anesthesia
She is serving as Junior Consultant,She accomplished M.D.in 2008 J.J.M. Medical College, Davangere, Karnataka.RGUHS;DNB Fellowship(cardiac anesthesia) in 2014 G.B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi. NBE and Fellow- in- IACTA, (FIACTA), in 2014 G.B. Pant Hospital, New Delhi. IACTA.
3. Dr. Sathya Swaroop Patnaik, DNB (Anesthesia), Fellowship in Cardiac Anesthesia
Visiting Consultants from USA:
- Dr.KRISHNA K. MOHAN, M.D.University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45219
- Dr.Y.Ganesh, Nephrologists, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Dr.Lewis Lehman, Intensivist, USA
- Dr.Akella Chandrasekhar, Director wycoff heights, NY, USA
- Dr. Bhavani Chalikonda, Pediatric Critical Care, Pediatrics ,New Brunswick, NJ.Dr.Sridher Reddy, Cardiologist and intensivist, Denever, USA.
- Dr.Sekhar Upadhyayula, MD,Pain therapistin Interventional Spine 65 Continental Ave,Forest Hills, NY 11375.
- Kalpalatha. Guntupalli, M.D., FCCM, FCCP, MACP, Endowed Professor for Pulmonary Disorders, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas.